Cycling Event - EN
Parallel to our international sports event, I Like To Move It, the Cycling Event takes place. Along quiet roads we discover, accompanied by the experienced guides of the Flemish Cycling School, the green environment surrounding Herentals. We take enough time to discover the sights that the region has to offer. Every day we cycle approximately 65 kilometers at a speed of +- 15 km/h.
Those who prefer walking will also enjoy themselves extensively. Hiking will be included every day in the I Like To Move It program.
This event is organised for (young) adults with mental health problems and their nurses. In previous editions we had the opportunity to welcome teams from The Netherlands, Germany, Italy, UK, Austria, Finland & Spain.
The Cycling Event & I Like To Move It take place from Sunday, August 30 until Friday, September 4 2020. We’re happy to welcome you on Sunday, depending on your time of arrival. On Monday (11.30 AM) there is the official opening ceremony. The closing ceremony will take place on Friday at 10.30 AM. Afterwards we’ll have lunch … and say goodbye.
Sport Vlaanderen Centre in Herentals - Vorselaarsebaan 60, 2200 Herentals (Belgium)
Beautiful sports accommodation and hotel in a green environment. As from January 1st 2019, the Sports Centre is completely smoke-free.
Please contact us if you need assistance with your itinerary.
- 245 € p.p
- full board accommodation in 2/4/6-person room from Sunday evening until Friday afternoon
- all activities on the programme
- transport to and from the venue
- activities outside the programme
- costs for bike rental (if applied)
After online registration (before April 24) you will receive the terms & conditions.
- Monday 8/31 (afternoon): those who are in doubt about participating in the Cycling Event, get the opportunity to give it a try. Experienced guides can make an assessment of whether they are able to participate: physical condition to be able to cope with pace and distance; cycling skills; able to cycle in a group.
- Tuesday 9/1: day trip
- Wednesday 9/2: day trip
- Thursday 9/3: two half day trips
You’ll be informed about the final programme a couple of weeks before the event. Take a look at the pictures from last years' edition to get an idea. In 2019 we also combined the Cycling Event to I Like To Move It.
More information: Thomas Botterman - firstname.lastname@example.org - 0032 9 243 11 79